Featured Piece Above: ‘All Kinds’ fine art still life by Diana Marshall – €650 – Click HERE to learn more about this piece.
Art by its very nature, is hugely subjective – and yes, it can be tricky to successfully choose art for someone else HOWEVER, people do so all the time!
(1) Think about how well you know the person
(2) consider what subject matters they like
(3) what colour schemes or styles would they generally be drawn to or better again…
(4) try to find out who their favourite artist is!
(5) Do they already have a gallery they like (who might know their style) –
(6) is there a particularly special or favourite place of theirs that might mean a lot to them?
All of these things can help narrow down the piece of art you choose.
Why is Contemporary Art the perfect gift?
1: It shows you have really thought about the gift
2: It is an inherently special and meaningful thing to receive
3: It is unique (one off, original) and ultimately a collectable item
4: Someone has poured their love, their energy, and their talent, into it
5: It meant something very special to the person who created it
6: It has a back story – which, if not immediately evident, you can find out (from the artist or the gallery)
7: It will retain its value and there is a possibility that if chosen well, it may go up in value over time (appreciating asset)
8: It helps add to a growing collection or may help kick start an art collection for the receiver
9: It can provide a meaningful legacy piece that the person may want to hand down in time
10: It is supporting a living artist – and this is one of the most important reasons!
Kilbaha Gallery – is a small but beautiful art gallery on the Loop Head Peninsula in Co. Clare, that is home to the work of many professional contemporary Irish artists.
Browse their online gallery here – Kilbahagallery.com/shop